January 07, 2010

As we go along, I am changing this blog into something personal



As I started this blog, it was actually more a platform for publishing my You are Loved sticker project. But as I am moving along in time, I've noticed I'mmore interested in reading peoples personal notes and experiences and appreciating their products, good goals/charities etc.

And I guess that I represent many women like myself; used to be fully free, but now a very happy and dedicated mom. But struggling with time though! I work parttime and the rest of the time I take care of my son, most of the house and my two amazing dogs.

Even though my life is now a lot more 'boring' than it used to be (I travelled the world, worked in restaurants and clubs, had more friends I could fit in my schedule, did art school, a yoga teacher course and was a happy single bird) I feel much more connected to me and life source at this moment in my life than ever before.

As I got pregnant completely unexpected (yes, I do know about the birds and the bees!) I was shocked beyong shock. I never pictured myself with kids and the daddy and I were only together for 2 months when we found out. Long story short; being pregnant was not easy for me and the first couple of months when my son was just born I felt stuck to the house. And very much in love with my baby boy of course!

So it took me a couple of months before I learned to surrender to this new situation. I realised my baby boy was growing so fast and that all of this was only a temporarely situation. Time was all of a sudden going so fast and as he was learning how to crawl I could imagine him going to his first day of school. And right then and there I learned how to fully surrender into the moment and loving all of it. Even the not so lovable parts (night wakings etc). I realised that this was what it was all about. That unconditional love was exactly this. That even though my life completely changed, that I loved every bit of my son and all the concequenses of him coming into my life. So I fully surrendered and it feels like bliss! It really does.

At this moment he is almost 2 and we are looking into kindergarden schools for 2 mornings in the week. And I find this difficult! I don't like the idea of spending less time with him, even though it really is time for my son to go to kindergarden. So I am surprised with my own reaction. I am like all those other moms! Ha ha!! I always thought I was a bit of tomboy, but I guess I am not. And you know what, it is great finding out these new parts of me. Turns out I am so much more vulnerable than I always thought. I like this new part of me. I used to be a fighter, a killer if neccessary. And now I know these powers are still in me for emergency situations, but it is not who I am. I am very sensitive and I don't like violence at all. That's always been me, but I pretended as if it wasn't. You still following?

Anyway, long story short. Here I am. sensitive and vulnerable and loving it! Thanks to my son, who triggers all the right things in me. I am very happy he choose me as him mom.

So thanks to all the universe for making this match!

Now please also match me up with a really nice parttime career? ... I just lost my freelance marketing job and I am flat broke! I am working on some of my own projects and I hope one of them will enable me to build my own carreer. I am not very good at working for a boss...

I will let you know what happens!

1 comment:

  1. nice one sister! I guess change is a bliss, same here, I am no papa yet but I definitely feel stronger then ever and ever more sensitive...are we growing up?

    ReplyDelete