February 24, 2010

Big hug for Gerard Kemkers




I am Dutch. And we Dutchies saw our fantastic Sven Kramer riding the ride of his life yesterday. And I don't think we need to go over it again and again. His coach, Gerard Kemkers made a mistake and now Sven is disqualified. A tragedy. For Sven and Kemkers.

I am positive that Sven Kramer will be there again the next olympics. He is still young and a very powerful young man. I'm sure these days are difficult days for Sven, but I don't doubt he will be a stronger person because of this.

And I truly hope the same for Gerard Kemkers. Boy, can't be easy to be in his shoes. So Gerard Kemkers, I just want to let you know that I think you should be fully forgiven. Everybody can and is allowed to make mistakes. You just picked a lousy time to make yours. But you have done so many beautiful things and helped our skaters becoming champions and beautiful individuals. I pray for you and hope you will find the support and strength to carry this karmatic event and grow from it.

So Gerard Kemkers, this one is for you! Keep it up! I and sooo many other people fully support and trust you. You are still a champion coach and we love you!

Bye Gerard.

No comments:

Post a Comment